My goal for today was to sit on the bike for the alotted time and do 6/4 minute intervals of higher/low heartrates. I actually love my Sunday bike rides. I get up whenever I get up, eat me oatmeal and get on the bike. No rushing like during the week. Then I have blank number of hours of uninterrupted thoughts....
Here's a sampling of what goes through Susi's brain when she has to sit in one spot for two hours:
- Damn. Nuun makes me thirsty. Or maybe that's a side effect of having wine for Paddy's birthday last night...hmmm. Naaaah. Must be the Nuun.
- I love Eddie Vedder. I love how he serenades me every time I'm on the bike. Sigh. Eddie is my Rock God.
- Wind trainer...what a misnomer...if there was wind then when I broke wind I wouldn't have to suffer through the residual odour just hanging in the air around me...cough, cough.
- What DID I eat last night?? Jayzus. haha. I should set up a fan!
- I want to marry Eddie...even if he's involved with extremist environmentalist groups. At least I'm a vegetarian...that has to make me somewhat appealing to him. Right??
- OOOH! Are those muscles I see peeking out from under my insulation?! Please let it be so! I want ripped legs with lean long muscles just like our IronGreg! Only in my size cause really, his legs are as long as I am tall and that would just look silly on me. I'm sure of it. No. Really.
- I love flannel. Eddie wears flannel. We are SO perfect for each other. Sigh.
- Booger from 'Revenge of the Nerds' would be so proud of my burps. Excellent tenor and duration. What DID I eat last night?? Huh, wonder if I'll be able to say the whole alphabet one day? Good thing the roomie isn't around this morn, haha.
- Huh, wonder what that person is doing walking out the back road. It's so cold out! Better them than me. They can't be running? Oh. No. Not running. Still. What are they doing walking out there?
- I wonder if Eddie would be interested in a triathlete....huh, wonder if they have any triathlons in Seattle? Not that that would help me meet Eddie. But maybe...
- I can't wait for the day that my legs are so ripped that my inner thigh does NOT hit the damn seatpost. Unless of course they do because my adductors are so HUGE from muscle that it's just pure power slamming into the post. haha. Gotta dream big right?!
- Oh, shite, HR is too low. Focus Suse. Hey, I'm in a tougher gear. Sweet. Perhaps I'm getting efficient! Belieeeeeve.
- I love this song!
- Close your eyes and focus on what 90 rpm feels like at this heart rate....
- I wonder if I should pack some spare clothes in my carry on just in case my luggage goes wayward? Shorts and bathing suit. That should about do it. Heh heh. I can't wait for the glorious heat and humidity!
- I can totally do this ride. Getting a little tired now, but nothing unmanageable. Could probably go longer.
- Oh, look at that. I'm done and still have two more albums of Pearl Jam I could listen too. Awesome!
Just imagine what I'm like in meetings at work, haha. This is only a mere fraction of the thoughts that zing through my brain. I have to admit though, I'm getting better at focusing on my cadence and pedal stroke. So my non 'silly' thoughts are pretty much all about how I'm feeling and what my body is doing. Afterall, that's why I'm doing this. To get better on the bike.
Although, it can be nice to have some time just to let thoughts go zinging through my brain.....tee hee.