Saturday 23 June 2007

A-A-A-choooooooooooo!

Well my allergies have kicked in to full gear this week. Eyes are exceptionally itchy and have been the last two days, and my energy level is a little low. Yet today I decided I wanted to run through the trees and everything that I'm allergic to, haha. Afterall, that's what eye drops and allergy medicine is for right?? My eyes are still exceptionally itchy, but it was worth it!!

We had a short run today, 1:15 hr, so decided to run through the trails up to 'Fosters' and back again. I love this route. As soon as my feet leave the pathways and sidewalks and hit the trails I get an extra bounce in my step. It's almost like I get energy from all of Mother Nature's creation. Its a blast sidestepping the slippery muddy spots, hopping over tree roots, noting the odd railway tie where there is no railway (hmmm...why is that there anyways??) and running up and down the hills.

The path on the way back is the best as it follows a little creek and the terrain is ever varying. There are more roots and trees to dodge through here as well. It's a total rush! Everytime I run through here I think, definately an offroad triathlon is next on my 'things I'd like to do' list. Xterra here I come!!

As I was running I was also thinking about my friends who are in races this weekend. Greg raced the Prestige Half Iroman this morning (I voted he'd come in between 4:45 and 4:52 - so we'll have to check his blog to find out!). Angie is racing Ironman Coeur d'Alene tomorrow - Go Angie Go! She's been strong this year and I expect she'll have a great race tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all the stories from both of them...

The countdown now starts for the GWN Half Ironman - only 8 more sleeps!!

PS Leslie - you can now post your comments! Eep. haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment