Thursday 14 June 2007

Blue Skies...Nothing but Blue Skies....

I was singing that tune all day in the hopes we'd have a blue sky for our run this evening. We did get blue sky for a bit..but not for the run. At least we missed the torrential rain that we had this morning - holy raindrops Batman! For a brief moment I thought I was back in Vancouver! Of course now that the run is over it's beautiful out again, haha.

The run was ok...but just ok. I didn't have the light step that I wanted...my 'Jack be Nimble' step. Was out for 2.25 hrs and I felt rather sluggish. It never ceases to amaze me though, that even if I'm feeling tired or sluggish my legs just keep moving at a steady pace. There's just this rythmic 'thump, thump, thump' happening. I was also surprised that as I made my way up the hill from the rec centre, at the end of our run, that I had the strength to push it a bit...I think I just really wanted to get the hill over with actually, haha.

Not sure if my legs are still recovering from Sunday or what. Or perhaps its because I'm stretching more now and my legs are rebelling against being more flexible and loose! Speaking of stretching, I'd better get to it.

Tomorrow is a rest day - woohoo!


No comments:

Post a Comment