Thursday 4 October 2007

Swim Time....

It wasn't easy getting up this morning, but I did. I was looking forward to getting back in the pool. With my nose still being a bit stuffy I was actually hoping I'd have a few brain flushes with the water so it would clear out my sinuses!

I actually felt pretty good when I got in the water. I wasn't sure how much energy I'd have but it wasn't that bad. Phew. We did some six kick drills, and front stroke. I always find doing that type of drill reinforces how I should actually be swimming - go figure! We also did some scull work - it amazes I actually move forward when we do that stuff! haha.

At one point we were in the deep end treading water. We did 10 seconds of just sculling with no kicking, then 10 seconds of treading water. We did a few exercises like this. Awesome core workout, not to mention it got the old ticker pumping! haha.

I worked on my flipturns, as always, and amazingly enough I DID NOT GET WATER UP MY NOSE! I know, it's a shock! The one time I could have used it too! Ah well. Knowing my luck, the next time I swim it will happen - and that's when I won't need it too. At least I got a good swim in!

No comments:

Post a Comment