Saturday 12 January 2008

Yup...I Have Legs...

And boy, can I feel them, haha.

Actually, they aren't that bad. I had to run today for an hour and wasn't quite sure how they'd be after Thursday nights 'lead legs' and the searing pain I felt during, and after, the bike test. However, they were ok.

I ran the same route as on Thursday night and you know what?? I got the bounce in my step back! Yay!! It was gorgeous out today so I was happy to be out there. The pathways had a bit of frost on them that sparkled in the sun. It was great.

I was watching my heartrate while I was running (yes, I'm still sticking to the low heartrate plan...), but I think I must have built up mass quantities of scar tissue from HRM chafe. LOL. It didn't seem like my monitor was registering the correct number. My heartrate was super low. Waaay to low in fact. Let's put it this way...I was running uphill and it was registered 72 bpm. Which is just above my resting. Hmmm, something is wrong here.

Well, when confronted with a dilemma whilst training, one must adapt. So I went by my PRE. Somewhat difficult I find, but I think I was doing ok, because the odd time my actual heartrate flashed up it was where it should be. Cool.

Oh, as I was running along I passed the 'spooky' garbage bin, haha. I couldn't figure out how the hell it spooked me when I was out the other night, but hey, things are always less spooky when the sun is shinin'!

Overall, the run was good. I was a bit tired from the night before, but that was to be expected. I thought it was funny that I had a better run than Thursday night, but maybe my body needs to be tortured before it 'wakes up'?!

Hopefully everyone else is out enjoying this gorgeous weather we are having!!

No comments:

Post a Comment