Wednesday 4 July 2007

Volcanos and Dead Fish...

It's official, I am a Spazz!! To those who know me, this was probably information that they'd already discovered. For those who don't know me, let me tell ya a story just to prove what a spazz I truly am....

So I stopped by my favourite tri store after work. Greg was going to talk to me about the race and give me some tips that he's learned as he'd experienced similar pains in a race he'd done. Whilst there I purchased some electrolytes called Nuun. I had seen people use them, and in fact Greg showed me they are as easy as 1-2-3. Basically you pop them out of the container, drop them in the drink, and they happily fizz away.

I was heading to the lake for a swim, after being at the store, so figured I'd try one of these little gems. I had a full water bottle so I popped it in there. Now this water bottle is quite nifty in that you flip the top up and this very flexible little rubber straw that POPS! right up. After the tablet dissolved I noticed a little bit of floaty stuff...so I figured I would give the bottle a very gentle little shake.(Some of you probably know where this is going....)

Well I was stopped at a light when flipped the top and moved in to take a sip. That's when all hell broke loose! My water bottle turned into a small volcano. In my car. I had this stream of fizzy water shooting up to the top of my car, and in my face (remember, I was going for a sip when I opened the bottle). I had Nuun water everyfrigginwhere! On the visor, the dash, steering wheel, console, other seat, and ME! It was SOOO funny. Of course the first thing I did was look around and see who might have seen this incident. Luckily I think I avoided detection. Tee hee.

After that the swim was pretty uneventful. I did a couple laps of the lake and am happy to report I only sort of jumped once. (A very large piece of algae - likely the lake monsters toupee - floated in front of me. Ick!) Saw a few dead fish too while I was swimming - double ick! Lord only knows what bacteria is in that lake! Oh well, it will only make me tougher....right?!

1 comment:

  1. Ooops, I guess I should have warned you to leave the lid open a bit so that it doesn't get fizzy like that!! Good story though, a picture of that would have been great for a laugh!!
    LOL!!!
    G

    ReplyDelete