Tuesday 18 December 2007

Climb That Hill!!!

Well I made it back from the mountains in enough time to get to bike class. I was wondering if my body was going to be able to handle it though...

You know how I mentioned yesterday about feeling like I'd worked out a few timesright after the ride?? Yeah, well today I REALLY felt every muscle. My back, adductors, neck, biceps and hands were all sore. haha. Who knew eh.

The good news is that when I got on the bike I felt much better than last week. Last week I couldn't for the life of me get into the groove or get comfortable. Tonight, even with the muscle pain I was in the groove. I was able to get my cadence up with minimal bouncing for the warm up. Yay!

The main set was more of a strength workout where we went as hard as possible in a challenging gear for a minute and a half. The class was split in two so we could mock, oh, uhm, I mean cheer them on for their minute and a half and vice versa. It felt really good, but was definitely tiring! I think we did four sets of two for this one. No idea, I was just focused on getting set done, then trying to get oxygen into lungs, haha.

After that we did some one legged workouts in the big ring. The next exercise was basically like hill climbing. We were in a challenging gear and had to stand and sit like we were on a climb. Was hard, but again a great workout. A good prelude to what will be coming in the new year for sure!

After the class we all gathered for a little potluck dinner. The food was awesome! It was also nice to mingle outside of class too and to get to know some of the other gang.

I can only imagine what I'm going to feel like tomorrow though....ow...ow...ow!

No comments:

Post a Comment