Thursday 13 September 2007

Inhale...Exhale...



Hmmm...now which one is more representative of Susi's form of yoga?! I'm thinking the guy near the tree!! Pass the Jack Daniels!!! haha.
KIDDING! Sort of...I'm thinking a little nip of Jack just may help me out with this yoga....you know, limber me up a bit, haha.
Actually, I am enjoying it. I can feel my core activating again!! I worked a lot on core strength at the beginning of the year, and boy did I need it!! Unfortunately as training progressed it was really hard to fit it in. Not a good thing for me because when things start to go on me it's my low back and hips. The very things that good core strength keeps in check!!! One of my goals when I get back into training will be to maintain the core training, even if it's just for a few minutes each evening.
Yoga is such a funny thing. It seems relatively benign....but holy hannah do you feel it the next day! For me it's mostly my hamstrings and core where I feel it. Further proof that these are areas that need some serious work.
Along with the physical aspect of yoga, I enjoy the calming affect it can have. It's one of the few times I can get my brain to go quiet (a feat in itself!) as I focus on my breathing.
I really really do want to go out for a run...but tattoo is still healing so I'm still not able to put on a shoe. By next week I'm sure all will be healed...and then I'll head out and get some running in before Melissa's 10km Road Race on the 22nd. I can't wait for that!! It's always a great event.
Until then..... Inhale and raise your arms to the ceiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment