Wednesday 15 August 2007

So This Is What A Slug Feels Like....

Ten more sleeps and counting!

I am apparantly on track for how I should be feeling at about this time...which is very, very sluggish. Sigh.

It's a good thing I know several people who've made this journey before, otherwise I'd be in full blown panic mode right now. My teeny workouts have been sloooow. I feel like I'm giving them my all, but I feel very heavy as I do the workout. I am assured by the various Irongods; however, that this is perfectly normal and I will be totally fine on rest day. Phew!

Today was supposed to be a 4000 m swim. I admit though, I was only able to complete 3000 m - and it took everything in me mentally to get that done.

Other than the workouts I am fluctuating between being excited about the race and being tired - and having the odd feeling of nausea creep in, haha. Oh, and last night I had an interesting dream that woke me up at 3:30am. I dreamt that I had a great race day....but that I couldn't find the finish line. So I just stopped, and therefore DNF'd. EEEEEEK!! I'm suprised that when I woke up I wasn't in a cold sweat, haha. To combat this negative thought I went back to visualizing my perfect race. Ahhhh, my happy place.

It will be interesting to see what other emotions and feelings I go through in the next few days! Hopefully no more dreams like that - there are just so many other wonderful things to dream about!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment